Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend!
Things around here were busy again and The Babe is finally back to 100% after being sick all last week... Sounding pretty good so far, right? But guess what? I didn't get anything done on my design projects. I did go buy a few needed supplies, but I didn't actually "do" anything. So, no progress to report on The Babe's room. Maybe tomorrow, if I feel up to crafting after The Babe goes to sleep tonight. :)
Instead of showcasing one of my projects, I decided to show you a few favorite things I've spotted around the web. Hopefully, one of these fabulous images will inspire you, too!
House of Fifty online magazine is packed full of inspiration. It really is a must read. Check it out here! I promise you won't be disappointed.
2) 320 Sycamore's super simple tutorial for installing your very own penny tile backsplash. I absolutely love that she put this in the back of a cabinet! More on this fabulous project here! And if you want to do this yourself, you can buy the tile on Overstock.com! Will you please buy it and do a project, so I don't have to? :)
3) House of Earnest's DIY orbit chandelier really motivated me to make my own light fixture instead of always heading out somewhere to buy one. I may even try this one with metal, even though I'm a bit intimidated. BUT, she makes it look beyond easy. Check out the tutorial here! She also just revealed a fabulous before and after on her office...lots of great ideas and inspiration!
4) One of my newest blog obsessions is Natty by Design. She lives in Arizona and does the most amazing furniture transformations. This chick is not scared of color and I love her work. Check out her fabulous french dresser makeover that was featured by House of Fifty, and while you're there check out the gorgeous antique veneer buffet and blue campaign dresser.
5) With many kids heading back to school, I thought it would be fun to share these 10 great after school art projects you can do with your kiddos. Check them out over at The Artful Parent.
6) I am also brainstorming on a creative way to do some DIY artwork...on a super large canvas (4 feet by 3 feet). Needless to say, it would be a statement piece. But guess what? I can't really draw and I don't totally trust myself enough to recklessly create a painting. But maybe I could do some chevron like this project from The Matthew's Family? I'll blog my design dilemma soon, but for now if you see any cool artwork you think I could replicate, send me a link. Pretty please? My blank canvas needs you!
That's my inspiration round-up for you this lovely Monday since I don't have anything to show you I can call my own... If you got busy this weekend and finished up some projects, I would love to see them and maybe I'll feature them in my next inspirational post!
Have a great week!