1) How quickly the human body can adjust to getting very little sleep. I can deal with a few hours of sleep, but I can't always hide the effects....see # 2 and 3.
2) I have given up trying to conceal my under eye circles. I wear them like a badge of courage; outward signs to the world that I'm a woman on the verge of **something**.
3) I have to make lists or constantly repeat things to myself or I will forget what to do. Case in point, I went upstairs three different times this morning to get Will's medicine and didn't finally remember it until my third trip.
4) Eating a meal in peace may happen a few years from now. I usually have to nurse Will while eating with one hand (see #5 ); please invite yourself over to dinner anytime! :) The pro to this is awesome post pregnancy weight loss!!
5) I am becoming very adept at typing with one finger, using my toes to fetch things from the floor and the refrigerator, and I darn well may be ambidextrous by the time *this* is over.
6) I am slowly learning not to care what my house looks like. Clean is a thing of the past... I apologize in advance to any visitors.
7) I no longer even put on a real bra to go out of the house. In fact, you're lucky if I even have any type of bra on!
8) My primary attire these days consists of running shorts, a tank top and flip flops. It's my uniform. I may as well burn those J Crew outfits in the closet. They are a symbol of old times. The boring, predictable times. Times when I slept for 7-8 hours each night. Oh, how I kind of miss those times. Wonder what other moms would think if I showed up for a playdate in a suit?
9) I showed up at a playdate last week and realized right before I walked in that I had dried toothpaste all over my face. Hey, at least I brushed. There's proof!
10) I love my life and these crazy kids. I can't wait until I can look back at this list in a few years and long for these days again!! :)
Now, it's your turn! What about you? What are some of the first things to go when your life gets crazy? Can't wait to read your comments and see that I'm not alone!