Here's what I have achieved so far and how the plan is shaping up. There have been a few changes along the way but nothing too drastic!
First, paint. I was going to use the Behr paint chips I posted in #4 above, but I had to run to Lowe's anyway and there was no way I was making a special trip to Home Depot just for paint. So, I ended up picking new colors on the fly! Can I just say what a big deal that was for me? Usually I agonize over paint choices but two antsy kids + my need for progress had me picking a new color and handing it over to the paint desk person in about three minutes flat. Anyway, I ended up deciding to paint his room in Valspar's Summer Gray. It looks pretty darn white on the walls, but with a hint of gray. I had originally thought about going with a darker gray color, but since I have that in other rooms of the house I wanted to do something a little different. His room also joins with the striped hallway I painted last year, so I kind of wanted to play off that little. Hence, my decision to go almost-white. It is totally different for me to go in this direction, but I'm really, really happy with my quick decision so far. Pics soon, promise!
|Will's room is the first door on the left from the hall.|
Second, let's talk about furniture. We made the trip to Ikea this weekend and it was a doozy. The store was C.R.O.W.D.E.D. You had to force your way back out into the aisle if you stepped into a little section to explore. I guess with colleges back in full swing soon there were loads of people there stocking up. It was crazy and Will wasn't exactly happy to be along for the ride. Anyway, we made it and we ended up buying these items that I'm currently modifying with paint.
I have the bookshelves installed and the light fixture is out drying in the sun now and getting ready for it's next coat of paint!
The third and final thing I've done so far is to modify some old curtains I had hanging in the room already. They were basic white panels, but they were too short for me to hang them all the way up at the ceiling (like I love to do!). So, I ended up adding some of this chevron fabric in the middle of the panels like this image I pinned several weeks ago. I LOVE them!
|My inspiration from Restoration Hardware + my chevron fabric|
Once I get these things finished, I need to finalize artwork and get a couple more storage pieces finished and I'll be ready for the big reveal! Soon, I hope!!!!